Friday, October 7, 2011

A New Community Communication Resource


I'm happy to inform you that we have a new communication resource for Inverness Forest.  Thanks to the efforts of Renzo Bejarano, we now have a Facebook Group called "Inverness Forest".  This group is not sponsored or affiliated with the Inverness Forest Association (the board).  Any posts or comments on the group's page are the views of individual residents.  Of course board members may view the posts, add comments, and create their own posts if they wish.  

Although I will continue to actively blog here on Inverness Forest Today after I leave the board next week, there are many reasons for you to join the new Facebook group.  One is that we shouldn't be dependent on just one person (me) to handle the communications with residents.  Things happen and we might find ourselves without my blog if I were to move away or otherwise be unable to continue to write my blog.

Another reason is that, while I try to be fair and reasonable, what I put on this blog is based solely on my judgement.  Inevitably, I have to exclude some things that I don't consider useful to communicate but which others might think should be brought to the attention of the community.  We really shouldn't have me or anyone else as a "gatekeeper"; everyone should have a way to raise issues and provide information to the community.  That is what the Facebook group does.

Anyone who joins the Facebook group can create a post on the group page that can be seen by all group members when they visit the Facebook group's site.  Posting and adding a comment to someone else's post is easy.  There is a box on the page that says, "Write Something ..."  Just type into the box and hit return.

Although just started a few days ago, the group already has 12 members (As of October 9, membership has climbed to 21).  The more residents that join this group, the more useful it will be to everyone.  Any Facebook user can find the group by typing "Inverness Forest" into the Facebook search box.  Once on the group page, you can request admission to the group.



No comments: