Sunday, October 9, 2011

Crime Reported in Inverness Forest


As a followup to the Sept. 30, 2011 blog post on burglaries in Potomac, here is a report of vandalism and possible theft in Inverness Forest.

Sandra Gaddy asked the president of IFA, Sharlene Shugarman, to inform the community about the vandalism. Here is her email:

"I just want to report that my gas tank cover was torn off my car lastnight. Gas tank covers were also tapered with on two other cars.None of us are sure how much gas was in our tanks but we think gas wassiphoned. We reported the matter to the police and thought you mightwant to alert the community to be vigilant.
Sandra Gaddy"
If you have a comment or additional information, please post it here or on the Inverness Forest Group at Facebook.


If you look to the right sidebar, you will see that my Inverness Forest Today blog has had over 11,000 page views since its inception in 2008.  I appreciate all the interest and the positive comments over the years.  I intend to continue posting to this blog after I leave the board in a few days.  I appreciate your emails on topics or questions you'd like to see addressed.

As I mentioned in my previous blog post, "A New Community Communication Resource" (Oct 7, 2011), the new Inverness Forest Facebook Group is a very good way to directly connect with other residents in our community.  The group already has 21 members and is growing rapidly.  I hope you'll take advantage of this resource and join the group.  That way you can see what other residents are saying and perhaps add to the discussion yourself.



Harvey

No comments: