Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Parking in Numbered Parking Places

The board received an email from Anwar Khan, a resident who has a problem with other people parking their vehicles in his reserved space. While our residents are aware that numbered spots are reserved for the resident of that house number, our guests might not know this. When guests come to visit, please make sure that they know not to park in a numbered (reserved) space. Please inform workmen as well. Here is Anwar's email:

Subject: Reserved parking

Hi Art,

I am not sure if you are the person to send this message to. If not,
can you please forward it to the right officer. I am having a problem
with guests and work crew parking in my reserved space. A part of the
problem might be that the reserved marking on my spot is worn and
faint. I would like to have it repainted. Could you also send out a
reminder to homeowners to let their guests and workers be aware about
the policies concerning reserved spaces.

Thanks.

Anwar Khan
8024 Inverness Ridge Rd

Does anyone have any advice for Anwar about repainting his house number on his parking space or perhaps have a set of the stencils used by contractors to paint numbers on parking spots? If you do, please leave a comment on this post or send me an email and I'll forward it to Anwar. Thanks.





Harvey

ifatreasurer@mac.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Last I knew someone on the board had stencils that we could borrow and then spray or paint the numbers back on. That's what I did a few years ago, but I cannot remember who I borrowed them from.

Harvey Levine said...

Yasaman sent me the following email for posting
-------------------------

Harvey,

I just have one comment since the parking issue is raised.

Please remind everyone that they should limit parking to their own reserved space in addtion to one other unreserved space. If people own more than two cara, they should park in designated guest parking areas or park on the side of the streets, as previously suggested by the Board. You may want to do this via hard copy notice since not everyone reads their email and/or is on this mailing list.

Thanks very much!

Harvey Levine said...

TERI.BANEGAS sent me the following comment for the Parking article:
--------------------------------
(email #1)
Well my sentiments are that because it’s [residents painting their own parking spot numbers]been before does not merit a repeat. I remember when Kevin did it and I was not happy because it did not have the consistency that you expect in a community that identifies itself as Potomac…
Call me a snob, but this is not Wheaton or Silver Spring! Yes, it may be expensive but the community’s image factor is far more valuable than being concerned about the expense.

Teri

--------
(email #2)

As I’m sure you know, maintenance of parking spaces are the responsibility of the Association. Parking spaces are considered common areas. Homeowners should not be expected to paint their own house numbers, if one does it, others will follow suit and the community will have a “tacky” look with different type of letterings, etc. Please do not encourage homeowners to do this.

I’m sure we have a contingency fund for these small items, plus IFA can call whoever painted the numbers before requesting a goodwill gesture as we are good and constant customer, etc. etc.

Hope you will consider it…

T. Banegas

PS: You might want to include a note to the community about this issue in the Minutes in a block type announcement. Residents will see the announcement before getting to the guts of the Minutes…

Unknown said...

Ditto to what Teri B says. Painting parking spaces is a board responsibility. Peeling and illegible paint looks tacky. Budget a few dollars and get it done!

Martin