Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Roof advice needed ASAP!!

Carolyn Hayes has written me an email requesting a recommendation on a roofer. Her roof is leaking so she and her husband need to proceed quickly. Carolyn has posted a message on the Inverness Forest association message board requesting help. Here is the text of that message:

Hi everyone,

My husband and I just purchased our townhome in the spring of last year, and we need to replace our roof ASAP. I thought it could wait until this spring, but we have sprung a leak! Yikes! I have called about a dozen roofers and I have gotten 4 formal quotes, and the least expensive roofer I have found thus far is just under 10k. (We have the interior model with the mansard roof.) I like him, but I want to be sure we make the right decision as the roof is such an important part of your home. Does anyone know of or used a particular roofer that you would recommend? We are looking to hire someone within the next week so quick responses would be much appreciated! I will post my experience afterwards as well so as to educate anyone else out there looking to purchase a new roof in our community.

Thanks in advance for you help!
Carolyn
If you'd like to reply to the message on the message board, click for Carolyn's posting

If you are not a user of the message board, you can click the comment button below to leave your recommendation or you can send me an email at the link below and I'll pass on your information to Carolyn.

Incidentally, the message board can be a very good resource for the Inverness Forest Community. Because the message board is new, not many people know about it and therefore it is not used often. All it takes to post a message is to create a login. Once that is done (it's easy!) you can log in at any time and post a message or respond to a message. You can read the messages without having a login, but you can't post or respond. The link to the IFA webiste (where the message board is found) is in the sidebar on the right

Harvey

ifatreasurer@mac.com

No comments: